So much theft these days is opportunistic. If your house opens up onto the street, you’ve probably experienced a hand wandering in, looking for something to grab. What you need is a lockable door and window restrictor, a way to keep doors and windows open to enjoy the fresh air but still secure and locked. LockLatch, as the name suggests, is a latch that locks, and is an ideal addition to your home security. Here are our top 10 reasons why:
- Safe ventilation (including caravans and boats): now you can leave windows and doors open but still locked. You can also fit the LockLatch to the doors, hatches and windows of caravans and boats. In fact, the LockLatch was invented while Anthony Bairos was sailing off the coast of Brazil. Every time he pulled into port he’d leave the hatches open while shopping, but after having been robbed one time too many, necessity was the mother of invention and he invented a locking window and door restrictor to solve the problem.
- Quick and easy to fit: it’s easy to DIY, and can be fitted in about 15 minutes. All you’ll need is a drill and a screwdriver, and a pop rivet gun if your installation is in aluminium. We supply everything else you’ll need.
- Versatile: it’s designed to fit any door or window type and from any angle on any material. So no matter what your situation, LockLatch make the best door or window restrictor.
- Adjustable: part of the LockLatch design is to keep a gap open to allow access for small pets, and they can be adjusted to leave 11-18cm open, depending on what you need. Need a bit more room? You can also install a PetLatch, which gives you a bit more room to work with (16-21cm).
- Tamper and rust resistant: since the LockLatch is made from toughened C304 stainless steel, it is resistant to rust, which is especially important on boats in the corrosive sea air, and to tampering. It’s strong.
- Pet access: there’s nothing like a cat for making you get up and down to open and close the door, right? Now you can use LockLatch to prop the window or door open safely, just wide enough for the cat (or a small dog) to get in. The best part is that you don’t have to cut holes in any doors for a cat or dog flap.
- Protect your children: where there’s a will, there’s a way, they say, and we say this is the way. Leave windows open just enough for air, without the fear that a little one will push it open and fall. Since the latch locks the window in place, you can make sure the gap is too small to squeeze out, keeping your loved ones safe. Read more here on why child safety locks are so important.
- Prevent wind damage: from Chicago and Hamburg to Cape Town and Wellington, there are many cities vying for the title of the windiest. If you’ve ever lived in a windy place, you’ll know that you leave a window open at your peril – if the wind picks up while you’re out, you can be sure to find it broken when you return. Now, you can use a LockLatch, keep your home cool and airy, and your windows undamaged.
- Easy on the eye: the stainless steel finish is easy on the eye and you can also easily spray paint the LockLatch to suit your decor.
- Lifetime guarantee: if anything ever goes wrong with your LockLatch, you can feel safe in the knowledge that you can return it to us and we’ll replace it free of charge or refund you. It’s as easy as that.
Now you’ve heard what we have to say, take a look at our testimonials to see what our happy customers like about the LockLatch. We’re thrilled to offer you a safe, convenient and simple solution to so many homeowners problems.